|Questions About the Breast Implant Operation|
About the Breast Implant Operation
1. How long will I be in pain after the surgery?
Expression about pain is quite different individually.
In most cases, first 2 days are the most discomfort especially 12-36 hours after operation.
Lying position is more discomfort than sitting position at this period.
From the 3rd to 6th day, the patients feel comfort during not moving, but a little discomfort
during moving or laughing but can drive.
From 1 week to 2 week, the patients feel comfort in moving generally except lying or sitting movement.
2. What is my expected recovery time?
Many Korean office ladies can work in office from the 3rd day.
But most ladies return their work after 1 week.
3. Will I need help at home for normal activities after the surgery and if so for about how long?
Most Korean single ladies stay alone, even though it would be better to have someone help them.
4. How long do you expect my operation to take?
Anesthetic time is less than 1 hour and it’s about 40-50 minutes from incision to dressing.
5. What (if any) secondary procedures associated with my breast augmentation/breast reconstruction will be required?
Breast lift surgery or correctionof bottom-out deformity may be needed.
6. How likely is it that I will get an infection after the surgery?
Close observation with ultrasonogram and prophylactic antibiotics can reduce the possible infection.
If there is apparent infection around implants, I do explantation.
7. How much risk is there from the anesthesia?
I have worked with my anesthesiologist during over 20 years.
There is no accident.
For the safe anesthesia, patients should notice their own medical problems and thorough lab tests are needed.
8. What can I do to minimize the risk of short-term and long-term complications?
Preparing conditions are important, less stress loading, good sleep and good nutrition.
9. Where will my scar be?
Usually scar remained below the breast mound.
10. What kind of implants do you use and total costs?
I use all kinds of implants but I usually use
Allergan teardrop shaped implants (6.3 Million KRW in cash or transfer /6.5M in Credit Card )
Bellagel Micro implants (6.4 / 6.6)
Allergan or Mentor round implants (5.8/6.0)
Motiva without chip (7.8/8.0)
Motiva with chip (10M/10M)
11. Microchip in Motiva? What’s the difference of microchip? Why is Motiva+chip more expensive?
Microchip roles as providing informations about implants in the body.
The reason why it is more expensive is that Motiva + chip(Q) is covered by insurance company
when implant has problems of implant in 5 years.
12. Can I get tax refund?
If you visit Korea for the medical treatment as breast surgery and your staying is less than 3 months,
you can get tax refund as about 8% of total your costs.