|Questions about your surgeon|
About Your Surgeon
1. How many breast implant procedures do you do each year?
I have done mainly breast surgeries from 1995. And I operate 300-400 patients 600-800 breasts in a year during recent 10 years
2. What percentage of your practice is dedicated to breast augmentation? To breast reconstruction?
Almost all my cases are breast augmentation and breast reduction
3. What type of implants do you use? Saline or silicone? What is your experience with each?
From 1995 to 2007 I totally had used just saline implants mainly through the belly(TUBA) which is due to the approval by Korean government. From 2007 I have used cohesive gel implants. And recent 1 year I have started to use MicroTextured implants such as Motiva or BellagelMicro and now I am using Micro Textured implants as 50% of my patients.
4. What is the most common complication you encounter with breast implant surgery?
There are few complictions. Firmness in cases of anatomic implants is m/c complaint.
With smooth gel implants, contracture and asymmetry are most common complications
With round textured gell implants, ripples are most common complictions.
With micro textured implants, I can tell later after more experiences, until now, there is no specific complications.
5. What is your rate of complications in general (capsular contracture, infection, etc.)?
With smooth gel implnats, contracture rate is1/80.
With textured round, contracture rate is 1/200.
With Anatomic form stable implants, 2/1600 with Allergan implants, 20/400 with Polytech, 0/106 with Silimed.
Recent 5 years, I experience 2 cases of infection.
6.What is your reoperation rate?
7. What is the most common type of reoperation you perform?
Changing implants due to size or firmness without contracture.